Thomas Venard Lyons, Jr. (Miamisburg, OH)
Thomas Venard Lyons, Jr. (August 8, 1869 – March 22, 1932) was President of the First National Bank of Miamisburg, a mayor of Miamisburg and a director at several other Miamisburg businesses. During the flood of 1913, in which the city of Miamisburg was devastated, he was appointed by the governor to coordinate the relief efforts.
Early life and family
Lyons married Ida M. Gamble on November 14, 1895.
Around 1893, Lyons was appointed messenger of Citizen’s National Bank (Miamisburg) and later advanced to bookkeeper and ultimately cashier of that institution.
Other career highlights
In 1894, Lyons was listed as a member of the Dayton Board of Underwriters.
As mayor of Miamisburg, Lyons handling of the 1913 flood, which devastated the city, was widely recognized. A statement from Lyons was printed as far away as Charlotte, NC.  Lyons signed a resolution sent to Mayor Hunt of Cincinnati thanking the city for its assistance. 
In 1925, Lyons was appointed a member of the building commission for the Montgomery County Children's Home by the county judges of common pleas. 
As Chairman of the Miamisburg Red Cross, he coordinated efforts in 1927 for the city to supply flood relief to those in the Mississippi valley. 
Later life and death
After a reported illness of five and a half weeks, Lyons collapsed at his desk and later died at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. Both the son, Thomas G. Lyons and grandson, W. Terry Lyons of Thomas V. Lyons, Jr later served in leadership positions in the First National Bank of Miamisburg.
Lyons death was recognized in an obituary published in the New York Times , unusual for Ohio bankers.
Bank Officer Summary
During his banking career, Banker Name was involved with the following bank(s): 
- Citizen's National Bank Miamisburg, OH (Charter 4822): Cashier 1895 - 1903
- First National Bank, Miamisburg, OH_(Charter_3876): President 1910 - 1932
- [https://books.google.com/books?id=2NsyAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA1011&lpg=PA1011&dq=%22First+National+Bank+of+Miamisburg%22&source=bl&ots=Zb8jmxn8yS&sig=eZk0bSbaHKz50O4TKbyJ4WEf9Sw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXruaW_a3aAhWOl-AKHS6yDHM4ChDoAQgoMAA#v=onepage&q=%22First%20National%20Bank%20of%20Miamisburg%22&f=false Centennial Portrait and Biographical Record of the City of Dayton and of Montgomery County, Ohio: Containing Biographical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens, Together with the Biographies and Portraits of the Presidents of the United States and Biographies of the Governors of Ohio]
- Dayton Herald January 20, 1894
- The Charlotte News April 1, 1913
- Cincinnati Enquirer April 21, 1913
- Dayton Daily News December 2, 1925
- The Journal News from Hamilton, Ohio July 2, 1927
- Dayton Daily News July 10, 1979
- Dayton Daily News January 16, 1980
- New York Times March 25, 1932
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com.