How You Can Help with this Project
If you would like to help us with the Bank Note History Project, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
To better understand how you can help, here are some of our specific data goals for this project:
- Get Basic Banker information entered into the Banks & Bankers Database for as many Bankers as possible. This includes Full Name (instead of initials) and Birth and/or Death dates. This information helps us tie together multi-bank bankers and also provides a good starting point for further biographical research on those bankers.
- Identify other National Bank Note signers not listed in the Banks & Bankers Database, including VPs and Asst Cashiers, as well as Presidents or Cashiers not included in the OCC reports.
- Add more Bank Histories and Banker Bios to the Bank Note History Wiki, that can be linked to the Banks & Bankers Database, as well as other online resources.
If you have data to share with the project, you can email a spreadsheet (or raw text if just a few entries) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Basic Banker information should include the following 5 columns plus Comments (if needed):
- NBCharter# (or Haxby# if an Obsolete Bank).
- Full Banker Name (instead of initials).
- Birth Date (partial date is ok).
- Death Date (partial date is ok).
- Spouse Name (if available).
- Comments (if needed).
- For other National Bank Note signers not listed in the Banks & Bankers Database, include the following columns:
- Banker Name
- Signature source (indicate where we can view a note with the signature (ie Heritage or NBNCensus), or attach a scan of the signature).
- You can also Include Basic Banker info if you have it.
- To Add Bank Histories and Banker Bios to the Bank Note History Wiki:
- See the instructions on the Help page.
- Email email@example.com if you need to get your wiki login account set up.