Bank Note History Overview Links
- Bank Note History Wiki Overview (Main page).
- Banks and Bankers Database Overview & User Guide.
- Bank Note History Project Home page
How to Add new Content to this Wiki
- Contributing Content to this Wiki - Overview.
- Basic User Guide to MediaWiki markup language.
- How to Edit a wiki page.
- How to Add a new Bank History page.
- How to Add a new Banker Bio page.
- Images can be uploaded using the 'Upload file' link in the sidebar.
- Be sure to include Sources/References.
This Wiki is based on MediaWiki software, the same software that runs Wikipedia. So it uses the same markup language.
- If you are just getting started, be sure to check out the Basic User Guide to MediaWiki markup language.
- You can consult the MediaWiki User Guide for detailed information on using the MediaWiki markup language to edit wiki pages.
Watchlist Email Notifications
To help you keep up to date, the wiki can automatically send you an email notification whenever a wiki page that you are 'Watching' has been changed.
The email notification includes a link to the page that has been modified, and also a link that highlights the changes that have been made to that page, to make it easy to see exactly what has changed.
State Bank Note History Home pages are a good illustration of this feature. If you are primarily interested in Bank Note History for a particular state or states(s), then you can add those page(s) to your Watchlist. Then whenever another user modifies that page (ie to highlight new wiki additions for that state), you would be notified via email.
Another good example is your User Talk page. Logged in users can edit your Talk page to notify you about something, and you will receive an email notification.
There are several ways to manage what wiki pages are on your Watchlist:
- If you are logged into your wiki account, any page that you are viewing will have a star next to the 'View History' tab at the top of the page. If that star is blue, that means you are watching that page, and a white star means you are not watching the page. Clicking on the star will toggle back and forth between 'watching' and 'not watching'.
- Whenever you add a new page, or edit an existing page, down at the bottom of that page, near the 'Save' button is a 'Watch this page' checkbox that controls whether this page will be on your watchlist. Whenever you are editing a page, remember to uncheck this option, if you don't want it on your Watchlist
- A (logged in) user can also manage their Watchlist by going to the 'Special Pages' link on the sidebar, and then the 'Watchlist' page in the 'Recent changes and logs' section. That page allows the user to 'View relevant changes', 'View (and Edit) watchlist', 'Edit raw watchlist' (to easily add/delete multiple watchlist pages), and 'Clear the watchlist'.
Your email notification options are found on your 'Preferences' page (the link is in the upper right hand corner when you are logged in). On the 'User Profile' tab, down at the bottom are your email options. The 3 options that are relevant to this discussion are:
- Email me when a page or a file on my watchlist is changed
- Email me when my user talk page is changed
- Email me also for minor edits of pages and files
Normally you would just leave those 3 options set to the default values, which would be checked/yes for the first 2 options, and unchecked/no for the last option (so you would not be notified if the modification was flagged as only a minor edit).
For another example of email notifications, and how a wiki page's Discussion page and a user's Talk page can be used to facilitate communication on the wiki, see the State Bank Note History Home page Index.
Reporting Errors or Problems
- To report errors or problems with either the Bank Note History Wiki or Banks & Bankers Database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.