Banks and Bankers Database - Bank Officer Summaries
The Bank Officer Summary lists the offices held and years served by a Bank Officer for a Bank. A Bank Officer Summary is shown for each Bank Officer listed in the database search results.
These summaries are generated ‘on the fly’ from the Officer Detail entries for the bank. Therefore the Bank Officer Summaries will always be consistent with the current Officer Detail.
- For National Banks, the Officer Detail includes all of the annual OCC entries for the Primary officers (President & Cashier). Therefore the President and Cashier Officer Summaries for National Banks will be complete (see Note below for exceptions). The 'complete' date ranges in the officer summaries are indicated by a dash. For example, 1904-1921 indicates service from 1904 thru 1921, including all years in between.
- Note: Since the OCC reports were only issued once per year, the first and/or last year of a President/Cashier’s service may be off by a year in the summary. For example, if a bank opened in December of 1909, there would not be an OCC report entry for that year in the bank's Officer Detail, since the 1909 OCC report was issued September 1, before the Bank was opened.
- For National Banks, the Bank Officer Summaries for Other officers (VP & Asst Cashier) will be shown as incomplete, since the entries in the Officer Detail will (usually) be incomplete. The incomplete date ranges in the officer summaries are based on the First and Last year entries in the Officer Detail, and are indicated by '...' (instead of a dash). For example, 1920...1932 indicates service from around 1920 to around 1932, but not necessarily all years in between, and they also may have served additional years beyond those currently listed in the Officer Detail.
- For Obsolete Banks (and State/Private Banks), the Bank Officer Summaries for ALL officers will be shown as incomplete, since the entries in the Officer Detail will (usually) be incomplete. As outlined above, these incomplete date ranges in the officer summaries are based on the First and Last year entries in the Officer Detail, and are indicated by '...' (instead of a dash) between the First & Last years.
To illustrate, here is a Bank Officer Summary for an officer with the First National Bank of Pipestone, MN (Charter 3982):
William T. Morgan (Cashier 1919-1920,1928-1932; VP 1920...1932; Asst Cashier 1909...1919)
- Since this is a National Bank, the (complete) OCC entries in the Officer Detail show us that W.T. Morgan was Cashier of this bank from 1919 to 1920, and then again from 1928 thru 1932.
- Based on the (incomplete) VP & Asst Cashier entries in the Officer Detail, he was also was VP from around 1920 to 1932, and Assistant Cashier from around 1909 to 1919 (but not necessarily all years in between, and he also may have served additional years beyond those currently listed in the Officer Detail).