Bank Note History Project - Acknowledgments and Sources
- A special acknowledgment to Andrew Pollock III for his efforts transcribing the Presidents & Cashiers and the Total Resources & Circulation balances for all of the National Banks from the Annual OCC Reports 1863-1935, and for allowing us to use that data in our project. Andrew also transcribed additional National Bank succession data from Bankers Magazines dated 1863 to March of 1909 (when that magazine stopped reporting that information).
- A special acknowledgment to Peter Huntoon for his help reviewing the Pollock OCC Bank Officer and Balance data, and for sharing his data and vast knowledge of National Bank Note History.
- A special acknowledgment to Mark De Jeu for his help with programming the Banks & Bankers Database Search website.
- The following people have helped with information for the Banks & Bankers Database and the Bank Note History Wiki: Mark Anderson, Gary Bleichner, Frank Clark, Julie Drengson, Marianne Drengson, Jim Ehrhardt, Manning Garrett, Todd Gylsen, Shawn Hewitt, David Hollander, Peter Huntoon, Glen Jorde, Karl Kabelac, William Lynch, Fred Maples, Richard Radick, Cody Regennitter, Tim Sanda, Gil Sem, Steve Sweeney, Cory Williams, Wendell Wolka.
- Thanks to Shawn Hewitt, William Lynch, Richard Radick, Cody Regennitter and Cory Williams for their help with the Bank Note History Wiki.
- Project Administrator: Mark Drengson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- OCC Annual Reports 1863 – 1935 (U.S. Treasury Dept: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency).
- The OCC Annual Reports are available online at the Currency Club of Chester County (PA) website.
- Rand McNally Banker's Directories 1879 – 1924 (Chicago: Rand McNally & Company).
- Polk's Banker's Encyclopedias 1906 – 1934 (Detroit and New York: Polk Bankers Encyclopedia Co.).
- The Bankers Magazine 1846 – 1922 (New York: various publishers over the years).
- The Bankers Magazine volumes are available online at the Currency Club of Chester County (PA) website.
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- Louis Van Belkum, National Banks of the Note Issuing Period 1863-1935 (Chicago: Hewitt Bros. Numismatic Publications, 1968).
- James A. Haxby, United States Obsolete Bank Notes 1782-1866 (4 volumes) (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1988).
- James C. Ehrhardt and Steven J. Sweeney, Iowa National Bank Notes (Okoboji, IA: The William J. Higgins, Jr. Foundation, 2006).
- J. Fred Maples, Maryland Paper Money, An Illustrated History, 1864-1935 (JFM Numismatics, 2015).
- R. Shawn Hewitt, A History & Catalog of Minnesota Obsolete Bank Notes & Scrip (New York: Smythe, 2006).
- Gerome Walton, A History of Nebraska Banking and Paper Money (Lincoln, NE: Centennial, 1978).
- Paper Money Journal, 1962-present (Published by the Society of Paper Money Collectors, spmc.org).
- The Paper Money Journal contains many articles over the years about the history of National & Obsolete Banks and Bankers. An archive of all back issues with search capabilities is online for SPMC members at spmc.org.