Difference between revisions of "Rollin Warren Patterson (Braceville, OH)"
(Created page with "x340px|thumb|(Need photo of Banker) '''Rollin Warren Patterson''' ''(July 7, 1869 – March 9, 1933)'' was cashier of the Potters National Bank...")
Latest revision as of 00:42, 9 July 2019
Rollin Warren Patterson (July 7, 1869 – March 9, 1933) was cashier of the Potters National Bank in East Liverpool, OH for over 30 years. He also served on the city's tax commission and sinking funds commission.
Early life and family
Patterson was born in Braceville, OH in Trumbull county but grew up in Steubenville, OH. He completed a public school education.
On November 9, 1898, Patterson married Louise Hill. She died at age 38 in 1909 and the couple had no children. Sometime later, Patterson married Alice May Reed.
Patterson began his banking career as a bookkeeper at the National Exchange Bank in Steubenville (Charter 2160). In 1891 he relocated to East Liverpool and joined the Potters National Bank as a bookkeeper and later a teller. In January, 1899 Patterson was elected cashier of the bank when F D Kitchen was had to resign due to his declining health. Patterson retired from the cashier position when Potters National Bank merged with Dollar Savings Bank Co. in 1931 but he remained on as a director until his death.
Other career highlights
Patterson served the city of East Liverpool on the sinking funds commission from at least 1909 until 1914 when his term expired. He would rejoin this committee again in 1931 after retiring. Prior to the sinking funds commission, Patterson was listed as a member of the city tax commission in 1906.
In 1907, Patterson served as one of the judges in a piano giveaway contest.
In 1918, Patterson contributed $100 to the war chest which was one of a number of large subscriptions publicized.
Later life and death
Patterson died of a heart attack on March 9, 1933 at Ream Sanitarium in Euclid, OH.
Bank Officer Summary
During his banking career, Rollin W. Patterson was involved with the following bank(s): 
- Potters National Bank, East Liverpool, OH (Charter 2544): Cashier 1899 - 1931
- United States Census, 1920
- History of Columbiana County, Ohio and Representative Citizens: (1905)
- East Liverpool Evening Review January 11, 1899
- East Liverpool Evening Review November 30, 1909
- East Liverpool Evening Review January 6, 1914
- East Liverpool Evening Review October 23, 1931
- East Liverpool Evening Review January 11, 1906
- East Liverpool Evening Review October 25, 1907
- East Liverpool Evening Review May 25, 1918
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com.