Difference between revisions of "Potters National Bank, East Liverpool, OH (Charter 2544)"
(Created page with "thumb|x300px|This postcard depicts the third Potters National Bank building in use after 1924. '''The Potters National Bank of East Liverpool,...")
Revision as of 23:15, 7 July 2019
The Potters National Bank of East Liverpool, OH (1881 - 1931) was one of the most successful banks in East Liverpool and primarily serviced the pottery manufacturers that were the basis of the East Liverpool economy. Although it technically liquidated in 1931 when it merged with Dollar Savings Bank and the succeeding institution did not retain national bank status it viewed itself as the same institution and continued to grow for decades afterward.
The Bank's early history can be traced back to … (give a brief history of preceeding bank(s) here).
(History of the bank up to 1935 here, with info on later final fate of the bank if available.)
(Show a nice banknote from this bank at the end of this section).
Bank Notes Issued
A total of $4,197,780 in National Bank Notes was issued by this bank between 1881 and 1931. This consisted of a total of 748,260 notes (570,684 large size and 177,576 small size notes).
This bank issued the following Types and Denominations of bank notes:
- Series 1875 ($5,$10,$20)
- Series 1882 Brown Back ($5,$10,$20)
- Series 1882 Date Back ($5,$10,$20)
- Series 1882 Value Back ($5,$10,$20)
- Series 1902 Plain Back ($5)
- Series 1929 Type 1 small size ($5)
Official Bank Title(s)
- The Potters National Bank of
- The Potters National Bank, (07/11/1921)
- The Potters National Bank 
Bank Presidents and Cashiers
First National Bank Presidents and Cashiers during the National Bank Note Era (1889 - 1935):
- William Brunt, 1881 – 1908
- W. W. Harker, 1909 – 1927
- William Edwin Wells, 1928 - 1931
- Farrand D. Kitchel, 1881 – 1898
- Rollin Warren Patterson, 1899 - 1931
Other Bank Note Signers
- There are currently no known Vice President or Assistant Cashier bank note signers for this bank.
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com