First National Bank of Enid, OK (Charter 9586)
First National Bank of Enid, OK (Chartered 1909 - Liquidated 1986)
Enid is located in Garfield County.
Enid had eight National Banks chartered during the Bank Note Era, and four of those banks issued National Bank Notes.
- Organized Nov 3, 1909
- Chartered Nov 20, 1909
- Conversion of the Enid State Guaranty Bank, Enid, Okla.
- Absorbed 11584 Dec 20, 1929 (American NB (No Issue), Enid, OK)
- Bank was Open past 1935
- For Bank History after 1935 see FDIC Bank History website
- Failed. Closed with government assistance Nov 6, 1986
Official Bank Title(s)
1: The First National Bank of Enid, OK
Bank Note Types Issued
A total of $1,448,590 in National Bank Notes was issued by this bank between 1909 and 1986. This consisted of a total of 116,795 notes (90,140 large size and 26,655 small size notes).
This bank issued the following Types and Denominations of bank notes:
Series/Type Sheet/Denoms Serial#s Sheet Comments 1902 Date Back 3x10-20 1 - 7700 1902 Plain Back 3x10-20 7701 - 22535 1929 Type 1 6x10 1 - 3128 1929 Type 1 6x20 1 - 754 1929 Type 2 10 1 - 2358 1929 Type 2 20 1 - 1005
Bank Presidents and Cashiers
Bank Presidents and Cashiers during the National Bank Note Era (1909 - 1986):
Other Bank Note Signers
- There are currently no known Vice President or Assistant Cashier bank note signers for this bank.
- Oklahoma Bank Note History
- General information on Enid (Wikipedia)
- General information on Garfield County (Wikipedia)
- General information on Oklahoma (Wikipedia)
- Enid, OK, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enid,_Oklahoma
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com