Citizens National Bank, Grinnell, IA (Charter 7439)
Citizens National Bank, Grinnell, IA (Chartered 1904 - Liquidated 1930)
For more information on the town of Grinnell, see their Wikipedia page.
- Organized Sep 15, 1904
- Chartered Oct 14, 1904
- Liquidated Jul 31, 1930
- Absorbed by 13473 (Poweshiek County NB, Grinnell, IA)
- Receivership Sep 6, 1930
Official Bank Title(s)
1: The Citizens National Bank of Grinnell, IA
Bank Note Types Issued
A total of $448,750 in National Bank Notes was issued by this bank between 1904 and 1930. This consisted of a total of 36,074 notes (33,164 large size and 2,910 small size notes).
This bank issued the following Types and Denominations of bank notes:
Series/Type Sheet/Denoms Serial#s 1902 Red Seal 3x10-20 1 - 1400 1902 Date Back 3x10-20 1 - 700 1902 Plain Back 3x10-20 701 - 6891 1929 Type 1 6x10 1 - 400 1929 Type 1 6x20 1 - 85
Bank Presidents and Cashiers
First National Bank Presidents and Cashiers during the National Bank Note Era (1904 - 1930):
- H. W. Spaulding, 1905-1914
- John Goodfellow, 1915-1929
- H. F. Lanphere, 1905-1910
- H. F. Lamphere, 1911-1911
- H. F. Lanphere, 1912-1913
- H. F. Lamphere, 1914-1914
- H. M. Harris, 1915-1919
- Carl E. Child, 1920-1929
Other Bank Note Signers
- There are currently no known Vice President or Assistant Cashier bank note signers for this bank.
- Grinnell, IA, Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinnell,_Iowa
- Don C. Kelly, National Bank Notes, A Guide with Prices. 6th Edition (Oxford, OH: The Paper Money Institute, 2008).
- Dean Oakes and John Hickman, Standard Catalog of National Bank Notes. 2nd Edition (Iola, WI: Krause Publications, 1990).
- Banks & Bankers Historical Database (1782-1935), https://bbdata.banknotehistory.com