Difference between revisions of "Banks and Bankers Database - Data Review Status"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''''NOTE: As of October 8, 2020, the data review process has been
'''''NOTE: As of October 8, 2020, the data review process has been for all 14,348 National Banks in the Banks & Bankers Database.'''''
Revision as of 18:44, 8 October 2020
NOTE: As of October 8, 2020, the data review process has been completed for all 14,348 National Banks in the Banks & Bankers Database.
The National Bank data in the Banks & Bankers Database has undergone a 'Review' process to do the following:
- Identify and fix data errors (this obviously won't find all of the errors, but will make a good first pass).
- Review the Bank Officer Detail for each Bank in a State, to group the various name spellings and misspellings (OCC misreads) into one Bank Officer for that Bank.
- Review the Bank Officer Names for a State, to group multi-bank Bank Officers into one Banker.
Data Review Status - By State
Fully Reviewed States
- Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
States not yet Reviewed
What does 'Reviewed' mean?
- The Review process for each State includes 2 Parts:
- Bank Review - This Reviews the Bank Officer Detail records for each Bank for possible errors, and groups the various spellings and misspellings (OCC misreads) into one Bank Officer for that Bank. To illustrate, shown below are screen shots showing the Bank Officer Pairs and Bank Officer Search results Before and After a Bank has been Reviewed. In the Before list, notice how Vaughn and Bowersock are each listed several times, once under each different spelling and misspelling/misread of his name, with a fragmented Officer Summary for each. On the 'After' list, you can see the multiple entries for each banker are now grouped under one Bank Officer Name, with a unified Officer Summary. Also see screen shot (#3) of the 'Banker Info' page After the Review, showing the spellings/misspellings for that Bank Officer in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Bank Officer/Banker Review - This Reviews the list of Bank Officer Names for a State to group multi-bank Bank Officers into one Banker. See screen shot (#3) below of the 'Banker Info' page After the Banker Review process, showing the bank(s) where this Banker served in the lower right hand corner.